It wouldn’t be right if the following was not brought to light on the eve of the megaton launch of the greatest time sink in the history of, well, at least 2008. GTA IV is about to wage war with the lives of millions. Uninterested siblings and spouses everywhere are about to become second class citizens and what better time for that to happen for people who just don’t understand the joy.
Not apart of the 500 units that were sent out prior to this these 8 units are of the rarer variety. Chosen for these 8 units that will be like the one depicted above were Cheapassgamer.com, GTAwarehouse.com, Allgames.com, Evilavatar.com and GTA4.TV. Now, being non partial and as biased as possible here (heh), I’ll have to throw some extra emphasis to the Allgames part of this. Particapating in this under the All Games Radio banner are the following shows:
- All Games Interactive
- Dead Pixel Live
- The Bobby Blackwolf Show
- Orange Lounge Radio
- ChatterBox Video Game Radio
- Video Game Outsiders
- Ultimate Quest
- The Video Games Show
- Platform Nation
Via the Allgames Forums: Submit a sound clip no longer than 120 seconds in the style of a GTA4 Radio Station segment to one of the participating affiliates above. It can be a spoof ad, segment, song, whatever.
- The entry can be in the form of an MP3 emailed to the affiliate show OR as a voicemail left on that show’s voicemail line.
- Only one entry per affiliate show, however multiple affiliate shows can be entered with unique audio clips. (No sending the same audio to multiple shows.)
- Submissions will either be played on the affiliate show or put up on the show’s website (or forums.allgames.com) and will be voted on via the community in a poll with the results hidden. Winners of these votes advance to the final round.
- If one person wins multiple affiliate contests, a coin flip will determine which show he/she wins, the other show chooses the runner-up as their finalist.
- The contest is only open to North American residents, as it is an NTSC-U console.
- No copywritten materials are permitted in the entry – parody is okay, just don’t use the original.
- All submissions become the property of the affiliate show they are submitted to, as they will be used in promotion of that show.
- Cast and crew of the participating affiliate shows are not eligible
- The decisions of the judges (affiliate show hosts at the affiliate level, All Games Radio at the final level) is final.
- Sunday, April 20th: Submission period opens
- Sunday, May 4th: Submission deadline at midnight PT
- Monday, May 5th: Community voting for each site begins either on host site or on forums.allgames.com (affiliate’s choice)
- Sunday, May 11th: Community voting ends at midnight PT
- Monday, May 12th: Finalist voting or secondary contest begins on AGI
- Friday, May 16th: Finalist voting or secondary contest ends, winners crowned
Each finalist will receive an All Games t-shirt as well as a $25 gift certificate to shop.allgames.com.
The top three winners at the end of the finals:
- 1st Prize: Limited Edition GTA4 Xbox 360 Elite Console courtesy of Gamerscore Blog
- 2nd Prize: GTA4 for your system of choice courtesy of MediSpective
- 3rd Prize: $20 Points Card for your system of choice courtesy of The Bobby Blackwolf Show
Now for The Xbox Domain part of this. If any of our readers where to send in a submission for this and just so happen to include a mention of us in the sound clip somehow, some major brownie points will be had( sorry no Gamerscore increase available). Just make sure to let us know if you do, because even as the Podcast listening junky I am there’s no way I’ll hear it all. 🙂
Other than that, Happy GTA IV Day!
[Via Gamerscore Blog]
-William “thewilleffect” Bell-
Filed under: Gaming News |