Isn’t that a great headline? Ok, don’t get nervous because I’m not talking about those itchy pesky crabs which hang out with you after a weekend of party hopping. I’m talking about catching crabs in the middle of a freaking rain storm on a boat which seems like it’s going to capsize. That’s right, Discovery Channel’s TV Show Deadliest Catch is coming to Xbox 360 in video game form.
So, what can do in the Xbox 360 version of Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm? Well, you can do a lot actually. Let me show you the features of the game which were announced in the press release.
- Career Mode (Realistic and challenging simulation for gamers and Deadliest Catch fans)
- Missions (Gamers experience the hard core Bering Sea life, including participation in United States Coast Guard search and rescue missions and ice flow navigation
- Arcade Mini-Games (Allows casual gamers to enjoy fun challenges, including crab boat races and skiff races)
- Five Authentic Crab Boats (including Northwestern and Cornelia Marie)
- Twenty Real Fishermen (including Edgar and Norman Hansen, Josh and Jake Harris)
- Six Authentic Captains (including Captains Sig Hansen, Phil Harris and Larry Hendricks)
- 4,500 lines of recorded character dialogue
- United States Coast Guard Search and Rescues (First time in a video game)
- Captain the 370ft.USCG Cutter Mellon
- Throw-the-Hook Mini-Game
- Skiff Racing Mini-Game
- 34,000 Miles Actual Coastline
- Four Real Bering Sea Harbors (Akutan, Dutch Harbor, King Cove and St. Paul)
- Interactive Virtual Tour Northwestern Crab Boat
- 100 Exclusive Crew Videos
- Xbox Live multiplayer
I’m not really for picking crabs in the Alaskan waters but fans should get a kick out of it. Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm hits stores in April.
-Michael “Thrills Killa” Pacheco-